YOUTH & YOUNG ADULTS
Southern Maryland JobSource’s Youth and Young Adult program provides job seekers and workers (aged 16-24) with career services, education, training, and supportive services. Youth & Young Adult services are provided in all of our locations, but we have one dedicated location listed below. To inquire about enrolling in the Youth & Young Adult program, please visit our Youth and Young Adult Center in Charles County or contact the Youth and Young Adult Services Specialist in one of the locations.
Youth and Young Adult Center
50 Post Office Road, Ste 103, Waldorf, MD 20602
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday from: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday from: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
JobSource also offers a variety of workshops to assist job seekers. These are free and typically open to the public, including the youth population. Some workshop topics include resume writing, interview techniques, cover letters, federal hiring, LinkedIn, advanced LinkedIn, job fair preparation and more. You can find a calendar of events and register for a workshop at one of our JobSource locations on the Maryland Workforce Exchange.
Whether or not you are eligible for the Youth and Young Adults program, we welcome all job seekers to come and utilize the resource rooms at any of our American Job Center Locations. You can search for open positions and apply for them online and receive assistance from our dedicated resource and job specialists. In each of our job centers we also offer workshops on several career-related topics.
Through the Youth & Young Adult program, you may be able to work one-on-one with a Career Specialist. Some of the opportunities the program offers include Summer Employment.
- Occupational Skills Training
- Supportive Services
- Paid and Unpaid Work Experiences
- Financial Literacy Education
- Leadership Development
- Life Management Skills
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Career Counseling and Planning
- Follow-up Services
- Educational and Supportive Linkages and Resources
- Employment Development
- Basic Services (walk-ins)
- Job Readiness and Retention Workshops
Eligibility for the Youth & Young Adult program can include one or more of the following:
- Out of school, School dropout, low-income, English language learner, foster child or aged out of foster care, AND
- Homeless, subject to juvenile or adult justice system, pregnant or parenting, individual with a disability
- In school (must be low-income), english language learner, offender, homeless, foster child or aged out of foster care, pregnant or parenting, disability.
***inquire for more information***